Discover all aspects of the meat and food industry, from the molecular basis of meat and muscle to food safety and inspection.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Food Safety
- Marketing of fresh and processed meats
- Product Characteristics
- Product Development
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Technician
- Pet Food Manufacturing Technician
- Meat Product Development Specialist
- Product Sales and Marketing Representative
The passion, the connections, and opportunities in the UNL Meat Science Department are unbeatable. I'm so grateful to have been a part of it these last few years!
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
With Animal Science, there are plenty of ways to get experience related to your major beyond the traditional classroom setting. Take a look at some of the student clubs and activities related to the Meat Science option.