HORSEMEN'S UPDATE 2020
We want to get the newest information to our extension staff and producers to keep them abreast of what’s going on in the horse industry. Guest presenters are Equine Specialist Krishiona Martinson from University of Minnesota; Equine Specialist Kris Hiney from Oklahoma State University and Veterinarian Dr. Mike Black from Nebraska Equine Veterinary Clinic.
We have a great list of topics on this year’s update covering a very interesting presentation on establishing pastures, mare breeding basics, biosecurity at horse events, teaching horsemanship, and more. It will be a full day of great information from some wonderful experts. Other presenters include: Kathy Anderson, UNL Extension Horse Specialist; Lori Jaixen, UNL Equestrian Team Coach; and graduate student Brooke Parrish, UNL Horse Judging Team Coach.
- Horse pastures – planting and establishing
- Mare breeding basics – what you need to know
- Biosecurity during horse events for both show management and participants
- Horse health updates and concerns including diseases in the news (EHV-1, vesicular stomatitis, strangles, and others)
- Tips on teaching horsemanship to riders of all levels
- Inspiring horse judging – keeping it simple
- New programs and events to watch for!
You can also view the live presentations remotely if you contact your local extension office. Can’t make it that day? Sign up and you will be able to view all the presentations at your convenience.
- The session runs from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Jan. 22, 2020.
- The cost per session is $20, if registered early, or $25 at the door (Lunch and materials are provided.).
- You must pay in full to reserve a spot.
- Checks can be mailed to Kathy Anderson, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, C204 Animal Science Complex, Lincoln, NE 68583-0908.
- To register online, go to https://go.unl.edu/nsmb. Register by January 17 to get the discounted price.
- For more information, contact Kathy Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402 472 6414.