Charles J. Warner
Charles J. Warner was born in Waverly, Nebraska in March of 1875 and died there on September 24, 1955. During his school life he attended a country school, Luther College at Wahoo, Lincoln Normal, the University of Nebraska class of 1899, and Columbia Law College in Washington, D.C.
Some of Mr. Warner's many occupations included farming; breeder of registered Hereford cattle, since, 1926; and President of the Lancaster County Bank at Waverly from 1918 until 1955. To many Nebraskans Mr. Warner was best known for his active participation in the Nebraska Legislature. He was a member of the 1901, 1903, 1905 legislatures and a State Senator of the legislature from 1919 thru 1938, and was the Speaker of the First Unicameral. He served as the Lt. Governor of Nebraska in 1949, 1951, 1953, and 1955. A few of his legislative activities during these years had to do with the establishment of Kearney State College, the Nebraska Tractor Testing Laboratory, Public Power and Irrigation and work with the development and expansion of the University of Nebraska, with special emphasis on the College of Agriculture.
Mr. Warner was also recognized, besides by the Block and Bridle Club, by the Nebraska Builders Award, conferred by the Board of Regents of the University of Nebraska, Honorary Innocents Society, University of Nebraska, Fifty Years Shipper Pin to Omaha Livestock Market, and he was honored by the Nebraska State Veterinary Association.
These are but a few of the activities and deeds Charles Warner did for the people of the State of Nebraska.