Edgar A. Burnett
Edgar Albert Burnett was the son of Ellsworth S and Elsa Mary Crane Burnett, and was born in Hartland, Michigan on October 17, 1865. He received his B.S. and D. Sc. Degrees at Michigan State College of Agriculture, and a Dr. of Laws degree from Nebraska Wesleyan. While in college he was a member of Sigma XI, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Zeta, and Gamma Sigma Delta. On June 22,1899, Mr. Burnett, married Nellie E. Folsom and to this union a son, Knox Folsom Burnett, was born. From 1889-93 Edgar Burnett was an assistant professor of Animal Husbandry at South Dakota State College. He then moved to Nebraska where he became the Associate Dean of Animal Husbandry at the University of Nebraska, and was in that position from 1899-1907. from 1901-1909 he was the Associate Dean of the College of Agriculture. In 1928 he became the Chancellor of the University Of Nebraska and remained in that position until 1938. In 1938 he became Chancellor Emeritus. Other activities include; Director of Nebraska Experiment Station, a director of the Federal Land Bank of Omaha, a member of the American Educational Corps, and the American Expeditionary Force at the University of Beaune, France. From 1925-26 he was the President of the Association of Land Grant Colleges and Universities. Also from 1936-37 he was a member of the National Association of State Universities.