NYBLS 2021 Symposium is November 19-21, 2021!
Application Deadline: October 1st
If you're selected to participate, a $75 registration fee will be needed. This covers the cost of hotel, meals, and materials.
Check-in: Friday @ TBD
Adjourn: Sunday @ TBD
The annual Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Animal Science Complex on November 19 - 21, 2021. The symposium is designed to introduce youth to careers opportunities and current issues in the beef industry, as well as offer education and practice in the use of leadership skills.
Showcasing Beef: A Culinary Challenge
- eligible if you are a 10th, 11th or 12th grader (regardless of whether you've attended NYBLS before)
- get more in-depth information about the beef industry
- interact with faculty and learn about genetic markers, reproduction, environment/manuare management, and antibiotic resistance
- develop and market a beef product and work with a professional chef from Omaha Steaks
- learn more about career opportunities in the beef industry
At the Sunday luncheon we will conclude with this group and they will present their new products and marketing plan to a panel of judges. Parents and guests will also get a chance to taste their products!
CASNR Scholarships will be awarded to six participants!!!!
105 Mussehl Hall,