Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium
The annual Nebraska Youth Beef Leadership Symposium will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Animal Science Complex on November 17 - 19. The symposium is designed to introduce youth to careers opportunities and current issues in the beef industry, as well as offer education and practice in the use of leadership skills.
E-Communicating the Beef Story
- eligible if you are a 9th or 10th grader or an 11th grader who has never attended NYBLS
- interact with faculty and learn about the current research, meat science, beef quality assurance, and marketing
- introduction to careers
- will have the ability to put their team and leadership skills to work by completing a project
Showcasing Beef: A Culinary Challenge
- eligible if you are an 11th or 12th grader (regardless of whether you've attended NYBLS before)
- get more in-depth information about the beef industry
- interact with faculty and learn about genetic markers, reproduction, environment/manuare management, and antibiotic resistance
- develop and market a beef product and work with a professional chef from Omaha Steaks
- learn more about career opportunities in the beef industry
At the Sunday luncheon we will conclude with this group and they will present their new products and marketing plan to a panel of judges. Parents and guests will also get a chance to taste their products!
CASNR Scholarships will be awarded to a few junior/senior participants!!!!
Department of Animal Science
A103 Animal Science
Lincoln, NE 68583