- Companion Animal eXtension for articles on health, behavior and nutrition
- Discover careers with companion animals
- Careers with Companion Animals Webinar Series
- Food Technology for Companion Animals
- Podcasts (New first and third Wednesday) Subscribe Today!
UNL Companion Animal Links
Nebraska State FFA Veterinary Science Contest
Nebraska 4-H Dog Program
- Nebaska 4-H Dog Show Rules 4-H 420 (PDF 925 kb)
4-H Companion Animal Challenge
Welcome to UNL Animal Science
Companion Animals Extension!
Companion animals are diverse group of animals that includes dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, companion birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and many more. There are currently more than 1.1 billion companion animals worldwide. In fact, there are more companion animals than people in the US.
Proper care of companion animals is one of our highest priorities. Programs are being developed to teach 4-H members how the best methods to care for and show their companion animals. Look for more information about companion animal care here.For more information about companion animals or programs at UNL, contact: email@example.com
Companion Animal Programs and Care Information
- Nebraska 4-H Dog Program
- Nebraska 4-H Cat Program
- Nebraska 4-H Rabbit Program
- Nebraska 4-H Other Companion Animals Program
Nebraska 4-H Dog Program
Nebraska 4-H State Fair Information:
- Nebraska 4-H Dog Program Survey – request feedback by September 24 – 8 pm.
Survey information and feedback process is described in the opening paragraph of the survey. Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PV3755Q Survey will close on September 24 @ 8 pm.
- 2015 Nebraska Dog Skillathon Information (terrier dog group photos, topics, etc.)
- 2015 Nebraska 4-H Dog Show Schedule PDF (410 kb)(Dog Showmanship, Obedience, Agility)
- Nebraska 4-H Dog Show Rules 4-H 420
Nebraska 4-H Cat Programs
Nebraska 4-H Rabbit Programs
4-H State Fair Companion Animal Show Scoresheet (for pet rabbit class)
Click on the links below to informational handouts on rabbits:
How to Trim Your Rabbits Toenails
- February 21, 2015 - Paws-On Dog Workshop, Greater Lincoln Obedience Club. On-line Registration, Print Registration (PDF 494kb)
- May 1st - 2nd 2015 Canine Companions for Life Dog Expo
- October 26, 2015 - Animal Science Open House, (PDF 790 kb)UNL Animal Science Complex
- Fall 2015 - UNL Companion Animal & Wildlife Career Day
- March 12th, 2016 4-H Companion Animal Challenge
- April 18th: Companion Animal Scheltering Symposium
Faculty members at Animal Science will be glad to help you with any questions you might have.
The Companion Animals Extension Faculty
Lisa Karr-Lilienthal - Companion Animal Specialist